HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Youth Forum Fishing Contest sign-up
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Rory/MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2009 Youth Forum Fishing Contest sign-up

ORIGINAL: huntnteen

Simon by your thinking then 99% of the fish i catch in a season should be dicluded for being classified as panfish, even though they are hard to catch and are larger then a average bass where im at? "Im talking about ocean perch, which in my opinion should be worth more then 1 point, but are considered a panfish do to their shape. I think that pan fish should be included because for some people thats all that is available, but set a sice limit at 5-6" because larger then that is considered a large pnafish for freshwater in my area. Also the flaw with the point system is that you cant antcipate what species are brought to the contest, for instance, me and Andy will be fishing salt water for a variety of different species, he mentioned red snapper, how many points is that going to be worth for him? I fish for green-lings, ling cod, and most any fish that will bite, what are you going to do if i come on here with a shark? is it worth different points for different species? for Andy got the big one last year and i may bring in a small one that weighs less then 20lbs, but its a shark, are they worth a certain amount of points or are they discludded from this contest?

If you allow ocean fish, and i decide i like the way the contest is set up i will join, but if i dont like something i wont participate

1.mossbergman11/OH
2.Centauri
3.Rory/MO
4.Siman08/OH
5. andydaanimal
6. CodyGuess
7.huntnteen

Forgot about that. Might be going to Florida again this year. If I do, you can expect a bunch of points from there