HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So who has/shoots/handled an 82nd Airborne?
Old 01-25-2009, 03:57 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So who has/shoots/handled an 82nd Airborne?

ORIGINAL: drockw

I love them! They are not quiet like most other new bows but... the speed certainly makes up for it imo. I had a 101st and it was a very accurate bow. With a 420gr. arrow at 61#'s my 101st shot 290fps at 29.5" draw. I never shot it with a hunting arrow at the lower poundages but i assume at around 54#'s it would have still shot the same arrow at about 270 or so which is plenty for hunting as you know. That was all out of a 101st which is roughly 10fps slower than the 82nd.

They are very accurate bows, and i wouldnt let the 6" BH scare you at all. I know many who shot them last year in 3d and did very well. Ive seen a couple 290+ scores from guys on a 30 target course!

When i shot my 101st at 53#'s i loved it. It was smooth and quieter with speed still. With my 308gr. Xringers it shot 299fps. With the same arrows at 61#'s it chucked them out at 320! No slouch at all lol!

Overall they are very good bows. They dont have some of the creature comforts like other new bows, but they perform WELL.

Derek
excellent info- Thanks!

Pat- I said I DO wanna hear what you (and the other staffers) think- I knowy ou'll keep it on the striaght & narrow.