HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you get nervous???
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 10:25 PM
LeftyBuckmaster
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you get nervous???

Well yes I get nervous but I have not has near as many shooting opportunities as others I guess. First doe I shot I was ground hunting with my neighbor's xbow he let me borrow once I learned how to shoot it and such over the summer. Shot her at roughly 5 yards double lung perfect shot and the expendables he had on the arrows did some massive damage and she fell in the cut corn field. I was nervous but it was my second year hunting first time bowhunting but it seems I am able to control my nerves right at the shot. Second deer I shot with the bow was with my compound 2 years later. She came in from 100 yards away and came in right under my stand and stared at me which at that point I was more nervous than all get out because that was a first for me then she proceeded out to offer me a 15 yard shot and I calmed down while she was walking out. Released and i was solid as a rock no shaking. After the shot I start shaking really bad somehow I managed to not fall out of the stand then I saw her crash into the corn field and all noise stops I know she is down and I flip out not sure how I made it down from the stand with all the shaking. Well I haven't really had the chance the past two years. Usually I can calm down right at the shot but can't quit shaking right after the shot especially when I see them fall and the noise stops.