HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Daughters first deer
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default Daughters first deer

My daughter got her first deer this morning at 7:30. I almost messed it up for her. I was getting a little cold so after looking around and making sure there weren't any deer coming in I stood up and began puting on my jacket. Right when I got it out of my packI heard her whispering to me "Dad... Dad... DAD..... STOP THERE'S A DEER!" I turned around and saw it was a buck and told ther to shoot it. I bleated to stop it for her and she dropped it where it stood with her .243. She made about a 75 yard shot.

Ishot the coyote an hour earlier at 6:30. She though I done messed up the deer hunting. She asked me "why did you shoot that?". I told her there are way too many coyotes around here. She shrugged her shoulders and told me we were deer hunting.

A great day in the woods. Took out a big malecoyote and Alyson got her very first deer..... and a decent public land buck to boot.

The angle I was standing on the bottom pic makes the deer look really small and the coyote look huge. The buck is about 110 pounds and the coyote about 40 pounds or so.