HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY hunters--blaze orange
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 10:37 PM
LeeinVa1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY hunters--blaze orange

i agree, it is about time for the blaze orange up there. i am originally from the upper part of the adirondacks and still go up there each year for a week of hunting. the problem has always been, they hunt without blaze orange because that is the way their parents and grandparents hunted. i have been wearing it for years up there, stood out like a sore thumb, but it sure made me feel a lot better. wonder how many of those hunters realize how many times they have been looked at through a scope because of the camo clothing and blowing a deer grunt while they were walking. i have ran into all kinds up there, leather jacket wearers, cowboy hats and brown clothes, heck, i even scoped out a guy that was crawling on all fours in a leather jacket through some thick stuff. there are two kinds of people that bother me in the woods, the new hunters and the ones that have hunted for years and never shot a deer. both of them are subject to put a round in your direction in a heartbeat. anyways, i am glad it is finally coming to that, just hope they don' t yank it off once they hit the woods.