HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QDM, does it make Bucks STUPID?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QDM, does it make Bucks STUPID?

Jack I can relate, my uncle owns 58,000 acres in Montana, the last time i checked, 12 people get to hunt it a year. A group of lawyors out of Wyoming lease it for a very HIGH price. The elk and deer on my uncles place almost expect you to get out of their way. I helped my uncle drive some cattle for 3 days on horseback, I saw about 20,000 of his acres. You want to talk about LAID BACK tame critters.. I have never been around, mule deer, whitetails and massive amounts of elk that were so tolerant to our intrusion. Just like many of the hunting shows you see Bill Jordan, Primos, Jackie Bushwhackerhunting on in those private Montana ranches..No pressure means tame critters, period. Like I always say, anyone can kill a giant bull, buck or what ever these days, all it takes is $.

Bottom line hunting for a 400 bull on my uncles place,180 mule deeror a 170 whitetail is much easier simply due to very low pressure and the #s ... My uncle makes sure every coyote is killed ..He loves predator hunters, and lion hunters..hecharges a minimal trespass fee for those types of hunts too..as for Wolves...well I wont even go there..