HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lookin for a new bullet and sabot
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lookin for a new bullet and sabot

ORIGINAL: flybub

Hey all. I just finished my first box of Hornaday 240gr. XTP's and those things were a bear to load in my TC Pro Hunter. There were times I thought I was going to snap my ram rod. When I put the bullet/sabot at the tip of the barrel I have to hold my ram rod and the opening of the barrel in my left hand and use alot of my weight and my right arm to get it about half way down the barrel before it loosens up. I am a hunter only, I don't shoot for recreation so I'm looking for something a little biteasier to load in the field when I need a quick follow up shot. Would the TC Easy Slides be ok for the purpose I am using them for? I am contemplating going from BH209 to T7 Pellets just for simplicity and price but undecided right now. The powder I am not as concerned with at this point as I am finding a sabot that will load easier than what I am using now. Any recommendations? Thanks for any help.
New sabot, Harvester Crushed Rib sabot. new bullet. Nosler Partition 300g HG, Barnes MZ 300g, Barnes FlatNose 45/70 bullet 45843 in Crushed rib sabot, Speer Gold Dot 300g in Crushed Rib sabot. Blackhorn 209 since no swabbing. Chap