HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Waiting
Thread: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
mulvany
Fork Horn

Default RE: Waiting

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I like waiting until there landing gear is down. A lot of the time we will let little groups land to suck the bigger groups in. How many dekes did you have out? Are you creating a landing zone for them to land in. We always leave a spot for them to land in front and behind us. We fill in on both ends so no one is shooting over anyones heads. If you have a landing zone they should come to the call and land where you want them. Sometimes they are just gonna do what you don't want them to. I think you did the right thing waiting. I'd rather shoot one goose landing in my dekes than a limit of undecoyed geese.

That's the thing, I only had a dozen GHG shells out! I was laying with just a blanket of corn on top of me. I was shocked to have anything come in, but the way they were flying I thought they were going to land in on me...which is why I waited. I did have a landing zone (they were in a "V" shape with me at the point). I had just ran out there really quick and didn't have my blind or the rest of my decoys because I just wanted to go out. I like waiting and getting them to touch down too, maybe it's my curse.