HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody as bad as me?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default RE: Anybody as bad as me?

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Im saving money on gear to take trips as of late. Have several deer hunts lined up for the next few years all across the USA for all 5 species, DIY archery style. Hope to head north and hunt bear with a friend eventually. Entering my 2nd or 3rd year of the GA Gator draw tag system.Usuallyturkey hunt 2-3 states a spring, looking to do the slam within 6 years.And for the ultimate trip.....I am currently researching a 2-3 week excursion in New Zealand sightseeing and bowhunting in May 2011, the year I complete my undergrad studies. Hopefully sooner, but most likely in 2011. I already have the money saved back for this one and won't touch it...this is a huge dream of mine and I would give up anything else on this list before this to pull this one off. I have the money for the NZ trip, just a matter of getting all the details in line and planning it out. As for the other trips, I just plan on working my ass off to save up for them.

Due to money, all trips will be DIY. I will go for broke, and exhaust every last resource to pull these off. Should be exciting. Gear wise, only neccessities and strong wants will make their way into my possession now....just a matter of prioritizing your wants, and i want to travel to hunt far more than have extra gadgets for here at home.

But YES, bowhunting is far and away my favorite thing...I think of it nonstop. My dreams, goals, plans, everything revolves around my passion for hunting. I love every aspect of it.
Awesome. Keep your eyes on it and you will have a lifetime of memories from these adventures. Do it while you are young and not tied down.