HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 AM
huntingson
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

ORIGINAL: Longbow1

I don't know about the rest of you, but I bowhunt to shoot game up close. If you plan on shooting game at 45yards, I suggest you stick to firearm hunting.

Total Posts: 1 Newest 50 | Newest 100

Member is currently offline

Last Post 1/16/2009 8:22:40 PM

Last Login 1/16/2009 8:22:43 PM

LOL! He didn't have an agenda did he?

If you truly believe that, then that is great and I won't argue it for you. It makes no sense to come on here and try to tell everyone else how they should hunt. 45 yards at an enormouse (body size reference not antlers) bull elk is like having a 35 yard shot at a large bodied whitetail. If you aren't capable of making that shot, then I applaud you for knowing your limitations. For those of us who can, we will continue to hunt the way that we determine is right for us.

You may have also noted that the incident with Mr. Antilla was not the only concern/problem that we encountered.

Here is 1 I forgot to mention that you all might like. On the second to last day of the hunt our guide told us that he "is no elk expert. I am a deer expert." Not really what you want to hear when you paid thousands of dollars to go on an elk hunt. Trust me, being told not to shoot a shot that I was comfortable with was just the tip of the iceberg.