HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new hunting Partner
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
richk5331

Default Looking for new hunting Partner

I live and hunt in unit 28, Colorado. Lots of public land with mostly deep timber. Unit 28 is in Winter Park, Tabernash, Co area. I am new to elk hunting and 08 was my first year and now I am addicted. I pretty much hiked and stayed in familiar surroundings throughout my hunt. I bumbed three bulls practically in bow range. Anyways, I was looking for someone to hunt with not only for safety but to start learning more experience, traditions, memories, etc. I am 35yrs old and in great shape. Since living at 8500ft year round I am pretty acclimated to the altitude which helps a little, but doesn't help out when I am green out in the woods. I pretty much eat, breathe and sleep elk. I can't wait to get out there this coming season.Anyone interested or if you know of hunting groups, etc? I plan on hunting rifle going out for a bull and cow. Size isn't a big factor yet (That bug hasn't set in quiet yet) but having fun and hopefully putting some meat on the table. Would love to get into the bow aspect of things, but I was hoping to get a couple kills under my belt first. Once my son is able to go hunting I want to be able to teach and pass along what I have experienced. Most of my friends are already set up with their groups that have been hunting with same place and location for years. Anyways, I thought I would throw this out there to see what would come of it. Rich