HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Double Arm Amputee Hunter
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 07:08 PM
mike bell
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Double Arm Amputee Hunter

Hey ksg1964,

I found this info that maybe you can use. ( & Miss priss )

I' ve been looking for info on " Bite triggers" for a guy that emailed me through Hunters Helping Hunters. HHH assist hunting families in need during times of medical or funeral emergencies. I' m on the Board as Director of Applications & Funding. So request for help go to me. Any way, I got an email from a guy who is a C6 quad and he gets off target trying to pull the trigger. He saw a bite trigger on a TV hunting show, and wanted more info.

I found this web site and think you may be able to use this to release the mystical flight of the arrow again [8D] I think if you can modify your prosthetics to hold the bow, and pull it back. This would be the ticket!

Single Handed Archery
http://www.brandonfla.com/%7Earchery/index.htm

He takes a regular release and modified it with a strap and uses a bite trigger set up to release the arrow. Pretty cool[8D]

Good luck and please let me know how your set up goes. I' m very intrested in this set up, so I can pass it on to others who love to get back to hunting.

Please keep me posted and contact me if you need anything or have questions. Hope this helps!

Later,

Mike Bell
Director of Applications & Funding
Hunters Helping Hunters