HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - who do you respect the most?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Vabowman

Default RE: who do you respect the most?

JeffB I could not agree more....but that's another thread in itself. I forgot to mention Randy Ulmer as well...I realize that most of these "pros" are killing deer on outfitter property by now.. and they have too in order to sell the dvd and the products.. most hunters don't want to see the pro not kill the deer, miss, or simply shoot a doe.. we want instant gratification vicariously through the Greg Millers of the world. Im guilty of it to it.. However, from the first time I watched "Beyond the KIll" (WKP) and "The Grind" (WKP) Im completely and utterly hooked on reality hunting dvds so to speak.. WKP has captured the real deal seasons. they have the misses, the doe shoots, the lost buck they can't find after a marginal shot, the whole season and its up and downs.. that is what it's all about. Now they hammer some really good ones in this new one from what I can tell, and yes, they hunt some prime time land, but they work for that land and they put hrs in all year to get a crack at those bucks. that is respect, it demands it.