HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
archer125
Fork Horn

Default RE: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

I own a Lone Wolf and3 other climbers including Summit, andAPI.I have a Summit Goliath that I bought instead of the Viper,as the couple extra inches in increased size make it even more comfortable IMO.

I will agree with some of the other posts that the Lone Wolf is quieter and packs much much better.
I dont know if there is any advantage on stability. The Summit is rock solid when locked on the tree.
However when it comes to comfort they are worlds apart IMO. I have sat in my Summit on all day sits for about 12 hours in complete comfort. I have attempted long sits in the LW, and it is not a fun experience. I find myself constantly wanting to move around toget comfortable, and having to stand much much more.

To me I would rather deal the extra work packing in the heavier less pack friendlySummit then to deal with being uncomfortable on an all day sit especially if I will be hunting the same tree for multiple days. Pack in once and enjoy multiple days of comfort is an easy decision to me. Summit.