HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
huntingson
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

ORIGINAL: DougE

I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm not trying to discredit anyone.However,I have a few friends that have been hunting with Mr Stuckey for many years.I've actually heard nothing but praise from these guys.They claim the food,hospitality and accomodations and first class.They also claim that the hunting is world class.While I've never been there,I have seen their video footage and that kind of proof doesn't lie.They were at the Cobb ranch in 2007and had a lousy hunt because the fires were blocking the elk migration.I've been meaning to book a hunt for several years but I just don't have the time.

One guy I know from here went outaround 2006 and had apoor hunt and hated his guide.The rest of the guys that he went with had a great hunt however.I'm not saying what the original poster is claiming is wrong.It just hasn't been the same as what my friends have told me.
Perhaps what happened to us was a fluke. I truly hope it was. Nevertheless, that would not make it right, nor would it excuse the insults I received when I tried to politely explain our experience to Cal Stucky.I also want to state that I would never blame an outfitter for lack of game. That is beyond the control of any human. I do and will alwayshold them accountable for the actions of their employees and themselves. If your friends continue to book with them, then I truly hope that they have the hunts we all dream of. I simply want everyone to be aware of what my father's and my experience was so that they can weigh all of their options. I am guessing that I will not be on any reference list for Sage Mountain, so this is how I can inform people of my experience.