HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Experienced reloaders...talk to me....
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
nutzy66

Default RE: Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

I have been reoading for 15 years. If anyone tells you that you don't need to lube cases, they are FKN lying to you. Going on to the case trimmer I have found the L.E.Wilson trimmer has been the most acurite and cost efective. Yes I know my spelling sucks. On to the dies, I have used everybrand of dies an I found RCBS is the best allaround. You don't need the comp dies, I shoot comp and when I tryed the comp dies they did not make a bit of differance. Use the FL dies unless you are going to load brass from a specific gun due to the fact when you neck size to a specific gun you are using a fire formed round. You also can't use neck sized rounds in a pump gun like the 7600, or a semiauto due to the fact that the rounds will jam up going in to the chamber. On the other hand if you can go with neck sizing it is more acurite. The key to reloading rifle round is constancy, and book keeping. Have funit is agreat thing to get in to and it gets you away from the wife. Good luck.