HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Winter Photos-1/11/09
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Default Winter Photos-1/11/09

Well our season ended yesterday. As my way to somewhat reflect back on the season, I went out for a walk, and to spread some supplement feed corn for the deer at our food plots. I shot a few photos, they didn't turn out as good as I would have liked, but I'm still happy with them. I like shooting winter scenes in B&W as it gives really good natural contrast.

As I was headed out the door, one of our daily visitors was back. We put out corn for them throughout the winter. This was shot about 20yds from where I was standing, and I was standing on my back porch.

This shot could have been GREAT, but it was a quick decision shot. I was walking up my road with the camera off, and two deer were standing in the middle of the road. I quickly turned the camera on, metered, and fired. I was still on ISO100, and a small aperture, so my shutter speed was slow, so the deer turned out blurry when it went to run across.

I liked this shot for simplicity sake. This pasture is where I'm planning an additional food plot for next year.

My uncle had been splitting wood. Thought it was a neat shot.

I was spreading corn in our two plots for some additional feed since it's pretty hard going for the deer with the recent ice/snowfall we had. I decided to try something. I wanted to catch the corn coming out of may hand mid-air. I ended up putting the camera on MF, set the distance for between Macro and 4 feet, cranked my shutter speed to 2500, and set the camera for 5fps. This was one of my better shots. I thought it turned out pretty well

Finally, this picture is sort of a representation of the end of the season. Sun is peaking through the overcast winter sky making the stand silhouetted. Although it will be a while until I'm back in this stand, the time will be here before you know it. Thanks for looking.