HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need a nice safety harness!!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need a nice safety harness!!

ORIGINAL: youngfart

MOhunting

I've used a one strap belt for the last 14 years and am going try

Treehopper Climbing Belt #164 out this upcomming season. Looks to be very strong and also to me, it looks to be wayless bulky and there's nothing to make noise. I just need to wait till Jeff gets them back in stock. Go to his site and check it out@ www.graywolfwoolens.com. Best of luck.
Rocky

The Treehopper was also designed to be used as a safety belt that allows quick and easy adjustability along with high strength. And, the Treehopper can also be used as a deer drag. Anchored at your hips through the "D" rings the weight of the animal is where your strength is, not over your shoulders which can cause lower back strain.

Lightweight yet incredibly strong, the Treehopper is manufactured to exacting standards by craftsmen in the good ol' U.S.A. Here is what makes the Treehopper the strongest and most practical belt you can find:
Belt: The belt material is two-ply O.D. green nylon, military style webbing that is rated over 4,500 lbs. It is double reinforced at the "D"rings. The belt is machine sewn with heavy duty nylon thread.
Cord: The cord is manufactured with 1/2" hollow-braid polyproplylene, rated at 3,250 lbs.
Safety latch/hook: The hook is high quality steel, drop forged and rated at 5,000 lbs. It is equipped with a spring-loaded safety latch that insure the hook will not accidentally detach from the "D" ring.
"D" rings: The "D" rings are welded high quality stainless steel to maximize safety.
FREE Standard Shipping in the Continental U.S. ONLY

I have taken the Bowhunter education course and during which I had a chance to suspend from a belt as well as different harnesses. Tell you right now the belt SUCKS! you do not want to rely on that to save your life. They estimate in under a minute you will pass out using the belt if you cant get back in your stand, not only that but it hurt bad. The instructors joked and said if you use a belt you should fasten it to your neck so at least you die quick rather than suffocating to death as it cuts into your ribcage. Get a harness! If the time comes you will not regret it.