HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me decide my arrows for the year....
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 PM
mobow

Default Help me decide my arrows for the year....

I don't know why, I guess just because I can, but I change arrows every year. This past year, I shot the Super Slam in a 2512 and was tickled to death. Well, they don't make that size arrow anymore, and hey......It's a new year. New bow coming, and that means new arrows.

I've been shooting light/fast the past couple years, and this year realized that I enjoy the benefits of a heavier arrow. My super slams weigh in at 480 grains, and fly 286 fps. Can't ask for much more than that. But I am.

I want a little bit lighter, little bit faster. I'm looking for a finished arrow weight in the 420-430 grain range, which should yield speeds right around 300 fps. Exactly what I'm looking for. So, I've narrowed it down to 2 arrows, and to be honest.......They're both about as good as they come and I just cannot decide which to get. I'm kind of leaning toward the ACC but, and yes this is veign I know........Only because they will look better with my fletching pattern this year. The camo finish on the weight forward Aramid just doesn't go well with my color scheme, but......I can make it work.

So, which is it HNI community? The Aramid or the famed ACC?