HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default Do Hunting Pros/Personalities affect your purchases?

I'm one of those people who could not give a crap about hunting "pros". The TV personalities, etc. I've never been a fan of "the industry" in general, but thats another thread.

I know however, there are a large percentage of Hunter's who have to/want to shoot/buy what the pro's use/reccomend. I've seen people who would buy whatever Bill Jordan, Waddell, Chuck Adams, The Nuge, Phil Phillips, Bob Robb, or Dan Fitgerald, (or insert your Pro/TV personality/Writer/3D shooter of choice here), said was the newest and baddest.

I've never understood this mentality. Even Hunter's/Pro's I admire, don't affect my buying in any measurable way. I've always bought what works for me, or things *I* wanted to try or at least felt would work well. I find more often than not forums like these- comprised of regular hunter's like you and I-are FAR better sources of solid information than 24/7 infommercials like the Hunting Video and Hunting TV show industry.

About the only way I've ever been affected by these people is *AVOIDING* their products/reccomendations because of their personalities or (lack of) "ethics".

thoughts?