HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - which gun
Thread: which gun
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
WestVirginiaBrent
Fork Horn

Default RE: which gun

ORIGINAL: kilotanker19

i live in pennsylvania north central not sure how far i hold a four inch group but i can consistently hit a vital shot on a deer sized target at 400 i chose not to shoot further because it is beyond my comfort zone aalthough i am confident in my ability to do well at any range. but for a majority of my hunting shots over 200 yards are rare. and when i am hunting open fields where longer shots may present itself i use a 300 win mag or my 270 win. the main purpose for this poll is just new hunting rifle or toy as my wife calls them. i have a 270, 20 gauge, 30-06, 22lr, and a 50 cal muzzle loader dont see a need for a new one but just want one and like the feedback i get from all you guys. so i hope that i have answered your questions nchawkeyeand provided enough information for you to make an educated decision on what advice to give me.
Since the 308 mirrors a 30-06 so closely, and you have a 270 as well, I would recommend the 300WSM caliber. This way you have rifles in light, medium, and heavy duty game ranges. Good luck.