HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UPDATED, GOOD NEWS, For all New York Pheasant Hunters
Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
rlelvis

Default RE: For all New York Pheasant Hunters

I do not agree. In my opinion a defeatist attitude will be what results on continued loose of rights and unregulated use of Conservation and Pitman Robinson Funds. The money supposedly saved is misleading, all employees were reassigned, the reported cost of slaughter is staggering, and BY LAW these money are to remain in the Conservation fund. So how could budget motivation have been the sole reason for closing the program?

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS STF State Finance- Article 6 Funds of the State- 83 Conservation Fund

A done deal, no? I think there is room for it to be undone with a consolidated, well thought out and pointed effort.

I have not lost as I will continue to do what I can to restore the program and what I can to ensure more do not end in this way.

Accept it? Not on your life, acceptance, complacency and ‘sheepeople syndrome’ run close together; any will result in politicians, anti hunters and people not fit for positions they hold to do as they wish with our resources, money and ultimately freedoms.

I do agree we can all learn from it and hope that more hunters will take a proactive stand in defending what they believe in. Not just jump up and down crying foul while really doing nothing more then fuel the anti’s.

Do I sound passionate about this, yes. Is it strictly about pheasants no its not. If you do a little research, see how easy it was, how quickly it happened, what little the DEC did toreview options, and consider the next possible cut or regulatory change you might be surprised.

Everyone needs to take a proactive stand and when not happy with proposal or changes they need to contact those that have been elected to serve. It will make a difference if enough people speak up, the anti’s have proven it time and time again.