HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Record Elk Confirmed
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Vito1

Default RE: New Record Elk Confirmed

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88
There have been a lot of rumors about the guy flying in the night before because the outfitter called him and told him they know where he is.
Not a rumor. As told by Denny Austad...

"And then two weeks later I get this intense call, pack it up, come on down,” said Denny.

"We get there a little before three o'clock in the morning, I get to bed about 3:15 we get up at 4:00 and the hunt is on with a CAPITAL H,” said Denny.

"We'd just taken a couple of steps and I saw the bull working down through the aspen,” said Doyle. "And just like a hundred times before I took my tripod off, set it up instantly and said ‘there he is."

You can find his story on a number of websites. He did spend some time there prior to this hunting the bull with Mossback. I think it was a couple weeks in which he had a shot but missed. So showing up the morning of and killing the bull was not his first effort. The guy is a self made millionaire and if this is how he choices to hunt, have at it. Congrats to himon an impressive animal. Guided hunts won't always be for everyone. For those that choose guided hunts, I bet it makes them happy. I can also bet ol' Denny gets a smile on his face everytime he sees "Spider" on the wall.