HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA and BPI max load recommendation
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
MLKeith
Typical Buck

Default CVA and BPI max load recommendation

I have been having email conversations with Mark Hendricks The Technical Manager for BPI. Due to the lower maximum load recommendations held by CVA I have been asking them to consider getting their recommendations equal to the competition. Apparently I was not the only one, as I just received an email from Mark stating that due to my input and several others the maximum load is going to be raised to 150gr. loose powder (probably on the inlines and maybe not the sidelocks). He stated that it will take some time for all the publications to be corrected but I am impressed that they listened and decided to make CVA competitive with the competition on maximum load limits. Maybe this will stop the comments that CVA should not be purchased due to the lower maximum load recommendations. I knew that CVA has to be as high a quality as Traditions even with the barrels not made by Bergara and those have to be of quality equal to the barrels on the T/C and Knight rifles based on the information I have on how Bergara manufactures. The old limits were based on old testing that indicated that more powder would not burn efficiently, with the longer barrels and new substitute powders I suggested that the old data may not be correct as more than 100gr. loose would burn in my Omega according to my chronograph. They did some testing and the result is the change. Cudos Mark Hendricks and BPI!!!