HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)
Old 01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Hey guys, back from ND as of Sunday.. Had a great time, probably the best week of whitetail hunting I have ever experienced in regards to hanging out with a great Guy ... TJF (Tim) and his family and seeing lots of deer. I had 8 or 9 bucks with in 20 yards but all young ones, at least 30 does in doe range during the week and then on the one big boy I had in close that I got a shot at,something went wrong, long story short either my rest was frozen or my arrow wasnt on my prong(an original trophy taker fall away)or I hit a cain grass shoot when I released, there was a loud crack...... I still dont know what happened to be honest, but my arrow flew off out of sight at the sound of a loud crack when I released the arrow on a dandy 5x5.. 140 plus class buck.. I ended up killing a doe on my last evenings hunt.. I am at work right now and will post some pix and recap in the forums later.. Sorry I wasnt able to get the big boy killed, like I said I still dont know what happened on that shot.. never could find my arrow nor did I see it fly it just disappeared on release and that buck blew out of there like a race horse....( I always see my arrow fly its really got me miffed) I hunted in temps from 12 above (the highest) and -45 below windchill the coldest all week... hiked in and out of snow about 1 to 2.5 feet.. Justsome awesome extreme bowhunting from the ground and a few stands.. Saw more deer in a week than I see in two seasons in IDAHO! LOL and Tim and I were worn out by the 7th day.. But we had a great time, we'd hunt all morning, scout mid day and hunt the evenings..

It was great being on everyones team here this season, congrats to you guys again on the great bucks you killed.. Hope you and your familys all had great holidays..

Troy