HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your right it is quiet so heres the question
Old 07-14-2003, 07:11 AM
bigcountry

Default Your right it is quiet so heres the question

Just for the sake of keeping everyone in the shootem mood while fishing season is in full swing. Got a ok deal on a 6-24X44mm Burris Signature scope with target turrets. Well on my target rifle, I bore scoped my orignal Leupold to get an idea where it hits so I can put it back to that when replacing the scope to the burris. Well before mounting the Leupold last year, I centered the reticles by going to the extreames making sure i have enough dynamic range. Had plenty.

Now I put this burris on, and I am at the max and can' t raise it further. I am always 4" low at 100 yards at max adjustment. Is this right? Called Burris, said to get the signature series rings and use the offsets. Thats fine and dandy, but I shouldn' t have too. They tell me that scope only has +/-11MOA elevation adjustement. Thats insane, I tell them, especially a scope with target turrets. My Leupold 4.5-14X50 has over 24MOA. So I have ordered the rings, and pray it works. Cause I only need 10MOA adjustment with this rifle. I shoot it 600 yards. Learned a few lessons. Man, I miss the eye relief of Leupold, and maybe saving 100 dollars on ebay isn' t worth it when talking about a precision hobby as long range shooting.