HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fusion Ammo
Thread: Fusion Ammo
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 AM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Fusion Ammo

Anyone else use this and not like how it performs on deer? I have been using them in 150 grain in my Browning BAR 30-06. Now for some reason this gun is very picky about the ammo. Not that it jams but that I couldn't get good groups at all out of it. As in a 8" target and they were all over the target however, with these I can get a 1-2" group at 100 yards and that's probably that big from me moving ever so slightly. It's a lot better than the rest of the ones I tried.

Anyway, I stuck with them and have only shot one deer with it. I shot a large doe yesterday at around 150 yards. Well, large for a doe. I hit it right around the front shoulder area and the bullet just went on in and didn't do that much damage. Just left a small hole through. Everyone there was saying how bad that looked. Now when I shot the doe just flopped over and died pretty quickly however, I'm not sure it would have done that with a bigger deer as it didn't do a lot of damage just left a hole through it. A buddy shot a deer with a .270 with Winchester Soft Points the same day and when we skinned it where the bullet had hit it had just destroyed that part of the deer. Mine didn't do that.

Anyone else have this kind of luck with them? Should I switch to something else? They all said I need to try new bullets as it didn't do much damage at all to it just left a hole through it.
What kind of bullet should I try next?