HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Experienced reloaders...talk to me....
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default Experienced reloaders...talk to me....

I have reloaded shot shells for years, as well as hand gun loads from an old Lee Loader; very basic tools.

I picked up a RCBS RCII press and thought I would start loading some accurate loads for my rifles ranging from .204 up to a .308. My goodness what a surprise I got! So many options but so little cash.....

Take the .223 for example. I can buy the two die set for a reasonable amount of money, but then I see they offer a competition two die set for considerably more money. Is there that much difference in accuracy between the two to justify the cost?

Further they offer a small base die set for recommended for autos but not bolt actions.... Is this a necessity for something like an AR-15?

How about the carbide full length sizer that eliminates the need for case lubrication. Is this something that every reloader should have? How about a neck sizer die?

Then there is the issue of having a case trimmer... The RCBS model is not cheap. I assume this is a very necessary tool, yes?

Is the RCBS precision mic that measures the chamber headspace and bullet seating depth a necessity also?

I have a scale, butwhat other tools would you recommend to create accurate reloads?

Fill me in guys....