HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 AM
StrutNtom
Typical Buck

Default RE: SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds

A turkey hunter hears a gobble on the next adjoining property and pursues it and sets up between the hunter and the gobbler.

-This happens all the time if you turkey hunt public land. To me you are a total slob if you do it, however it's not illegal. Nor is it illegal to call a bird off someone else's land. You own/lease the land, not the wildlife.

A hunter spys a monster buck while driving down the road before bow season and sneaks in on someone elses property and hangs a stand and hunts.

-There is no (in my state) law that states that you can't pull over on the side of the road (unless it's in a no parking zone) and glass animals as long as you don't have a weapon in your car/truck. If someonewalks on, hunts,traps, fishes, bird watchs,etc. on someone else'sland without written permision then they are tresspassing which is illegal. This one is pretty cut and dry.

A group of deer hound hunters leases 20acres and turns their dogs out to hunt and crosses your property in pursuit of game.

-If the hunters come on to your land without permission then again this is tresspassing. If their dog crosses onto your land it is seen (by state law) to not be tresspassing. Dogs can't read signs. However, I don't care what anyone says there is no way that you can turn dogs out on 20ac of land and have them NOT go onto adjoining property. Well, unless it's high fenced. As I stated in my previous post, this is probably the biggest issue we have in SC.

Ethics are a set of morals and values seen fit for an individual to govern themself. So my thought of what is unethical may/may not differ from yours. IMO ethics should never be compared.