HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - finnaly shot my genesis
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 02:56 PM
bowfisherman
Fork Horn

Default finnaly shot my genesis

This was the first time I ever fired a muzzleloader. I enjoyed shooting it more than my cartridge rifles. I did not fire a primer off before loading and it did not fire the first time. Put another primer in and it fired. After that I fired off a primer before loading everytime and had no problems. I swabbed with alcohol between shots. I only shot at 25 yards to get it roughly dialed in and get the feel of the gun. suprisingly it kicked no more than a 410 shotgun. I was shooting 44/50 cal 240 grain xtp's and 45/50 cal 200 grain shockwaves using 100 grains of pyrodex pellets and 777 primers. Even at 25 yards I can see my genesis prefered the shockwaves. Trigger was light and crisp and the recoil pad is excellent. Had to wipe it down between shots or the cam would get stuck but I was told that in advance so no problems. I wish the sights were a little finer for more precise aiming but I decided I will be getting a scope so it's not a big deal. I can see this gun easily being a 100 yard weapon for me. It will be interesting to play with loose powder and more types of bullets in the future. Thanks for all the help and answering all my newbie questions, Brad