HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need a nice safety harness!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
BigRing
Spike

Default RE: Need a nice safety harness!!

Yo Mo!......I purchased a really nice waist strap atan outdoor show years ago. It is a simple design one strap goes around the tree and another around my waist. Astrap w/ two loops joins the two...connecting me to the tree. The materialis the same as a seatbelt...little thicker and much wider...slides around easily and allows me to turn easily.I have alwaysliked it, because it was short enough that I always felt "connected" to the tree.Although I never have fallen out of my stand, I did test it out a couple times at home while standing on a milkcrate and stepping off to get the feel of what it might be like.

This season I purchased the Loggy Bayou safety harness....nice...very comfortable, but I immediately noticed that I need to be more careful with its use.I didn't realize how often I was leaning away from the tree w/ my waist strap. When I first starting using the Loggy I would lean out and catch myself.....just took some getting used to I guess.Also, I shoot right handed...and it takes a little practice to place the lanyard around the tree in a location that allows me to turn to the right and make a shot.

I'm happy w/ it.