HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyotes in the East (Maryland).
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
coyote#68
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyotes in the East (Maryland).

Coyotes can be located by a long howl or a siren sound or a group howl which will require two or more howlers or an e-caller,locating coyotes will just let you know where they are at that present time,they usually dont come in but they might.If you are calling in all these other critters then there is probably nothing wrong with your call,if the foxes that you call in are reds then you are probably doing everthing right,reds dont usually just rush in like grays do to the call(this is from study not experience,we have way more coyotes than any other critters where I live in KY,the only fox I have ever had come to the call was when I saw one deer hunting and lip squeaked him in)but a red will come in and try to smell everything to see if its cool.So if you are using a rabbit in distress you already have the right call you are probably in an area with few coyotes and none in hearing distance when you call,you may be on the edge of a coyotes territory and not in his prime hunting area.Owls,hawks and crows are easy to call they cant smell you,set up quietly and keep on calling and you will call one in if he's around!Good Luck!!