HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote Hunting Help??
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 09:01 PM
BamaHuntin
Fork Horn

Default RE: Coyote Hunting Help??

Thanks for the reply coyote#68.I plan on using the rabbit distress call while i'm hunting.The howler I planned on using when I'm not hunting to locate them.It's not legal to hunt coyotes at night here so I thought I could hit the locater at night for basically scouting.I went to Gander Mtn tonight and bought the Coyote Caller #3 and it has a coyote locater on it so we'll see how it goes.
The main thing I'm concerned about is setting up.Where I hunt their is no open areas or fields to call in,and a lot of our land is rough and hard to get to.I have noidea in the world which direction they would be comingfrom so it makes taking the windinto consideration tough.In a nutshell our land kinda goes like this.We have one main 4-wheeler trail and to the left side the mountain goes down at a fairly steep angle,to the right it's straigh up,and were close to the top.I would assume they would be coming from the bottom of the mountain up.Only thing I know to do is find a hollar or something with a lot of visibility and start calling.I know its hard for you guys to help me with a setup with out seeing the land,but any help or suggestions you could throw at me I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
James