HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote Hunting Help??
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
coyote#68
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote Hunting Help??

I would start with some sort of rabbit in distress sound,or even the woodpecker or flicker at a low volume,you dont have to howl to call a coyote,however certain times of the year it is the best way to call them,but a rabbit in distress has killed more coyotes than most other sounds put together and you being able to sneak in undetected is far more important than the sound you choose to use.Dont be afraid to change your sounds,if a coyote bust you on one sound or you miss him,he may not come to that sound again,watch the wind,we have had a perfect wind for one of my favorite spots for two days until about calling time this evening then it started swirling and changing directions due to an upcoming front so I had no luck on coyotes and switched to bird sounds to call in a bobcat if one was around,this is also an advantage of not howling when you start unless you are hunting coyotes only,I have seen video's that showed cats and foxes coming in after a howling and a distress sequence,but I have not called in either after howling.Good Luck!!