HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scored on my biggest buck ever!!.....(pics added pg.5)
Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default Scored on my biggest buck ever!!.....(pics added pg.5)

... and in the craziest way

Whoever said persistence pays off was a brilliant man.My annual Minnesota hunting trip paid off and paid off big this year. I killed a 13 point 160 inch giant buck. I've had over 120 sits, somewhere around 500 hourson stand and it came down to the last 30 minutes of my last hunt for the season.I really couldn't be happier.

Seemed like yet another uneventfull afternoon hunt. The whole time I've been there I think I saw a total of 4 does. I was bored to death again in my stand. I decided to take my binocs out and glass the field behind me to see if I could see some sort of wildlife. I was hoping for even a squirrel at that point. The squirrel turned out to be the biggest buck I've ever seen in the woods in my 21 years of hunting.

I spotted him about 200 yards away and he was heading away from me. I tried grunting to him but to no avail. My heart was pounding 1,000,000 mph just seeing this thing that far away. After I lost sight of him I was kind of bummed out.

Then I had a crazy thought. I had about 2 hours of light left and thought I knew wherehe may be heading. I remembered a hang on stand on the other side of the property that kind of seemed like there may be a chance he "could" make his way by there. So I said what the hell..... I've got nothing to lose. I've seen a total of4 does since I've been here.

I about ran down my climber (left it at the tree) and made my way just about running to the hang on. I got there sweating like a mad man but had good wind from where he might be coming. After a half hour or so I was second guessing my move. Then with about 30 minutes of light left I spot him 100 yards away and closing fast. He walked right under my stand and I buried him at about 8 yards.

One of the most unbelievable hunts on the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life let alone kill. I've got a ton of pics and more details coming. I'm pretty whooped and going to celebrate for awhile.