HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:36 AM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds

I am not arguing that the all clubs are innocent by any means.. I know that not all of them are ethical and that burns me up.. I am all for some changes to be made for instance the RTR needs to be redone as it is a huge loophole, also I feel their needs to be more accountability for rougue hunters and clubs.. this would fall under more CPO officers needed in the field, but if you added more offciers and made they made themselves known then I think you would see a decline in the unethical behaviors of many. In the areas where I hunt I usually see one of the CPO's every Saturday and generally during the week on an almost daily basis. The ones in our area have a huge area to cover but they are great guys and they partol their butt's off, the end results is that all the clubs both still hunting and dog hunting in our area play by the rules and generally get along with one another and hunt ethically. Everyonce in awhile you will get some kid or youngin who is wet behind the ears and knows it all who will try to bend the rules, but the old timers around that area generally take care of that pretty quickly.. generally the message is a one time warning of straighten up and fly right or go hunt somewhere else, you would be amazed at how quickly that can change a kid(teenager to early 20's) attitude on hunting LOL

One Dog club I know of even pushes their property toward the still hunters the last few days of season (after talking to each other beforehand) to get the deer moving toward them, and they are thankful for that... That is the way it should work.. pipe dream.. maybe but being able to get along with your "neighbor" isn't.