HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Bigg~BirddVA
Fork Horn

Default RE: SC Stakeholder Report on Hounds

ORIGINAL: vahoundsman

a bunch of dog hunters overrun a meeting
why didnt still hunters and land owners overrun the meetings,just like virginias meetings the dog hunters came to show their support or displeasure andVERY few "land owners" and still hunters showed up.
it makes no sense to me,get on the internet,hoop and hollar,jump up and down but yet they are no shows to the meetings.sure they sent thousands of e mails using a hundred diffrent acount names but only a small number of people showed up.i dont understand.what else did they expect to happen.
The numbers that show up at meeting are not the deciding factor in the study. What few I talked to didn't want to be around the dogger mentality any more than they have to. Frankly they're tired of dealing with them and felt the meetings might be confrontational or non-productive. The meetings are just a feel good act anyway.

Lets break it down. Say you have a club with 30 members. They have 2-3 surrounding property owners that may have issues with the club. At the meeting who's there 2-3 property owners and 1/2 the club or 15 members. Numbers mean nothing at feel good meetings.