HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let Him Go So He Can Grow-Who Cares??
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 09:17 AM
wolfen68
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let Him Go So He Can Grow-Who Cares??

I'm a die hard "let 'em go so they can grow" proponent. I am fortunate, however, to live in a state with a well mangaged herd. BUT if it were a perfect world, everyone would adopt this philosophy and every state would have improved herds. I won't shoot anything below PY and early in the year I hold out for a 140 or better. I'm for all states implementing size restrictions on bucks to at least 3 points on one side if not more. If a guy wants meat, then harvest a doe, there are plenty of them running around or drive the roads during the rut and pick up road kill. States with poor quality herds would eventually reap the rewards of QDM and the opportunities at a trophy harvest would increase, thus increasing license sales, thus increasing funds for wildlife habitat which in turns creates more refuge for even more higher quality bucks to skulk and it just goes on and on. My question would be "why would you shoot a young buck?"