HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For the short magnum fans.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 06:16 AM
woodseye

Default RE: For the short magnum fans.

Yes Quilly,it is sweet!!!! Adjusted to the lightest setting its 1# 15oz,thats still a couple oz over what they average, so I will call savage and ask for another spring to play with but its the best trigger pull on a factory rifle that I' ve ever used.My Gunsmith (Jud) says its the best hes felt yet on a factory gun also.The gun is shooting 3/4" with factory remington green box and had some real BAD experiences with the winchester white box loads,so its on to reloading now to see what it can really do.The barrel isn' t broke in yet so it will probably tighten up some more, and some IMR 4064 loads with Sierra blitzkings and Hornady V Maxes should see 1/4-1/2" groups easy.The savage ML' ers are appearing with the accu trigger now so in the next year or so we should see the standard rifles start showing up with them hopefully.I have a SSS trigger coming for another gun so I will post my experiences with it when it arrives,they are also supposed to be quite impressive.

I agree with your statement above,up here in the really thick stuff an inch or so shorter gun sure catches on a lot less brush and snags.I notice when I carry my ML' er after several weeks of the little short action rifle that it hooks a lot more snags when traveling and hunting the same areas and trails during late season,and its only 1 1/2" longer.I' ll be starting to reload for the 300WSM in a couple weeks and will post my results with 165 gr bullets for fps deviation,accuracy,and velocity.I think it will be a winner.

woods