HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - LW hang on + climbing sticks?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Cougar Mag
Super Moderator

Default RE: LW hang on + climbing sticks?

I thinking about getting the lone wolf assault with a set of sticks and i was just wondering if anyone uses that setup and how they like it.
I use the LW Assault and LW sticks. I also use a LW sitnclimb, and various hangons. I use my Assault when I want to place my stand in skinny trees, scraggly trees, and other places that my climber and other hangons just won't work.

For example, where I have been mainly hunting the last couple of weeks a climber is all but worthless in the open river bottom no matter how high I get( up to 30'), the deer are almost always suspicious because its so open. But I can place my Assault in some ugly looking trees or a group of trees near the wheat field edge and have a better chance at shot opportunities. But be aware the Assault is a small platform, not much footroom. But its very light, easy to hang, and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I even carry mine on my back after hanging the sticks, take it off in the air and hang it. And the LW sticks are the bomb!!!! Great stand for tight places!