View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 04:00 PM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapper I have heard that in texas they really have a problem with CWD and the ranchers down there go out and look for the dead deer. When they find them they burn the remains so the healthy deer don't come in contact with them. I have not heard if they are overly concerned other than what you said to make sure the deer looks healthy and use caution when butchering them. I know alot of guys go down there to hunt because they have some nice bucks and the weather is nice after our season is over. We in the midwest have some of the nicest deer in the states. I think that is why every one is so upset to see what has been a trend, our deer numbers going down. That disease has more or less been with us since the beginning of time. It is very similar to mad-cow disease in signs and symtoms. Niether disease has been connected to a transfer to humans. The DNR totally over reacted on CWD. I have a friend that lives in northeast Iowa and he has tagged two very large bucks, near(Waukon) I don't know if the spelling is correct.