HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 870 Express (What happend to Remington?)
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington 870 Express (What happend to Remington?)

I have a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum in a 12 gauge I got around 2 and a half years ago. Well a little longer than that but not quite 3 years yet. I had the same problem only it only did it with 2 3/4" shells. Federals worked fine but the Winchester 2 3/4" shells would do that. On 3" and 3 1/2" shells I never had the pump lock up like that but honestly it jams all the time. You'd be lucky to shoot off 20 rounds without it jamming at least once or sometimes 2 or 3 times. You wouldn't shoot 20 rounds off of Winchester 2 3/4" rounds without it jamming every few shots. On the 3" and 3 1/2" it was random jamming like the shell not ejecting all the way or turning sideways or not catching on the old shell and trying to send a new one in while the old shell was still in the barrel. Just random stuff like that never locking the pump up like it did with the others. I finally read that article and got a gun smith to clean the chamber of the barrel up and it works perfect with Winchester 2 3/4" shells now. I shot a box of 25 up with no jams and it did it every 3 shots or so before. I've not had it jam with any other shells I don't think now but I haven't shot many 3" or 3 1/2" shells through it since. I hope it fixed that issue too though. I've had several guys I hunt with tell me they have never seen a pump gun have as many problems as mine. I'm hoping I've got the problems worked out as I like the feel of the gun.