Thread: New String
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:31 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New String

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BGfisher
I've only ever tried three aftermarket strings. Winner's Choice, Prostrings, and Bucknasty, priced in that order high to low. IMO Bucknasty was just as good but at nearly half the price of Winner's Choice. In fact, the workmanship of his servings was even better.
Half the price? I don't think so hoss, go do a price check. Last one I ordered from from bucknasty, the set was $60 for a binary cam. I can get winners choice for $90 for a binary cam.
Gib makes good strings, no doubt, but sure not half.
OK, so John has raised his price a little, but I based my statement on what I was charged for a string/cable set for a Matin shoot-through setup. That's a string and four cables. Still, I'll stand by my decision that John's strings were at least equal in quality and the servings were superior. I have the bows side by side to look at to prove it.
And I might also point out that the price of Winner's Choice can vary somewhat depending on just where you order them. Direct is surely the best way, but there are a lot of shops handling them now and charging $100 or more sometimes. Good or bad I won't argue about.

WC's are good strings. though. All I'm saying is that here are less expensive alternatives.

Let's just put it this way. Using your own prices would you concede that $60 is 2/3 of $90? Can we at least agree on that?