HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review
Old 12-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Saddle or Ambush Sling - a season in review

I have had the Tree suit and the Tree Saddle for a number of years now...The Tree suit is an older model I have had it since 2001. The Tree Saddle I have had for at least three seasons if not four.

The tree suit has a solid seat in it which is more comfortable to sit on. It takes the pressure off of your hips. The older models were made with a plastic "chinese rope" (a rope that runs inside the other). While it is more comfortable than the Saddle it makes more noise. The guy who bought the company told me he fixed this issue and even hooks up to the tree different now with a simpler system.

The Tree Saddle is certainly more quiet but I would tell anyone up front, to me it is not a comfortable system. I don't know how anyone could spend five hours in one. At the end of two hours I am ready to get down.

I usually do use one or the other each year, mostly the saddle due to it being quieter, however they will not be replacing the lock ons or the ladder stands any time soon.