HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 2008 in a nut-shell (pics)
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Rory/MO
Giant Nontypical

Default My 2008 in a nut-shell (pics)

Guys, I think I'm gonna hang up the bow until the spring. It's been too damn cold lately to deer hunt for me, so I'm gonna waterfowl hunt 'til the spring time. I might break the bow out some more, if there's weather that I can sit longer than an hour in.[&:]
I feel I've had a great 2008, and have learned a TON about deer hunting, waterfowl hunting, turkey hunting, and life in general. This year I've killed 2 deer (my biggest buck with a gun, and my first bowkill), 1 spring turkey, and somewhere in the 50-60 duck range. I'm sure 2008 will be hard to top in 2009, but I feel it can be done.
2008 also found 2 of my best friends getting their first bowkills (both public land spike bucks shot within an hour of each other. They called me, and I was there to help with both drags, and the blood trail on one. My brother also got his first bowkill, and his second this year (out of the same stand I killed minein)
I'll get to the part I know you're all wanting to see
Spring gobbler (story HERE)

'08 buck(story HERE)

First bowkill(story HERE):

I also had some great days waterfowl hunting, and can't believeI didn't duck/goose hunt at all last year. Here's just a few of my days on the water.

Here's a couple more. Forgot to mention, my dad killed 3 deer this year too.