HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PENNSYLVANIA Archers
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 AM
hoytPA84
Spike

Default RE: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

The season started off great for me by harvesting a doe the first morning. After that, deer sightings were very slim for a couple weeks. When Halloween came, buck sightings were picking up but the only shot opportunity i had was at a little 4 pointer, which isn't a legal buck anyways. I hunted an area full of scrapes hard for two weeks and never did get a chance to harvest this buck. I saw him once late morning on the first saturday of november. he was a wide 8 and would have been my best buck ever with a bow.This past thanksgiving i watched from our frontbay window a buck chasing does all day long.I continue to believe that the PA game commission screws archery hunters more than some people realize. I don't believe that we trully get to hunt the rut like other neighboring states. If given the opportunity, i would vote to start our archery season one week later, just to hunt one more week in november. By the numbers, this past season was one of my worst archery seasons ever, for sightings of buck and doe combined. I only released one arrow and thankfully I harvested that animal.