HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who's Ice Hunting Today?(Pictures added page 2)
Old 12-21-2008, 06:07 PM
niehenke
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who's Ice Hunting Today?

I was out in it all weekend. Had a muzzleloader mess me up on sat. I saw a very large herd making there way to me until he shot and turned there direction. He got down out and walked them out the thicket. He returned to his tree so I guess that he missed it. Passed on a few yearlings. Kicked a few up this morning and got some exercise. Tonight, I passed on a bb and the larger ones stayed back. I setup perfect for them to come right into my wind. Another poor decision. Oh well, I would have had a tough drag. I almost stuck the jeep this morning in a field but made it out. Weather was unreal for archery hunting in MI, but what else are you going to do when archery season is in and you still have 2 tags. Feet never get cold not that I have the covers. Head was warm with 2 hats. Hands were warm with gloves on and in coat. Pants were warm with 4 layers and bibs. Arms were a bit cold. I will admit that I had some hot tea in the afternoon and coffee in the morning, which is another reason why I have to set up perfect.