HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Bukmastr
Typical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They ain't done killing yet... We are still not to there insane goals of 10 per square mile and 5 per square in the CWD units...
“Hunters have been doing a good job, and deer populations may be moving toward healthy goals,” said Keith Warnke, DNR big game biologist.
I have heard DNR representatives make very disrespectful claims about the ethics of "Trophy hunters" I have also heard them make claim that people should be proud and happy of all deer harvested... They look down on those who wish not to shoot babies. Truth be told, a higher level of hunter is the man ( or woman ) who lets the young deer have a chance to live life and waits for a mature animal. The WDNR is structuring the herd so less than 1% of the deer make it to maturity. Thats just sick!
And thats not the way nature intended it to be. I have nothing against someone who is new to hunting, or disabled, or old, or lacking in skill and rarely gets a deer ( we have all heard of the guy who waits several years to shoot a deer ) shooting the occasional young deer...
But there is something wrong with the thinking that experienced, educated hunters should be happy taking baby animals every year...
The WDNR thinks we are the ones with the bad ethics... They are the ones promoting killing babies... A button buck fawn gets kicked out of the family group before he is old enough to even know what a hunter is... Without its mothers protection it enters the gun season as the stupidest deer in the woods... Its no surprise to me that almost 50% of the "does" shot during the antlerless and EAB slaughter are button bucks... In the public marsh by me they have already killed every button buck out there between the EAB bow hunters, the early gun doe slaughter, Muzzleloader, and the regular gun deer season.
But that ain't good enough for the WDNR... Just in case there is still one fawn living, They are having another 4 day gun antlerless slaughter this weekend and then they are going to have another 2 weeks of rifle season at the end of the year...