HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle season 2008 is history
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

Break in the action......they you guys can go back at it.

My 2 cents. When I see buck the last couple years, they are bigger than when I was first hunting and would see spikes and y's all the time. I like seeing bigger buck. Really, who does not. Do I see more buck now? I expect as more mature bucks are around, they are harder to find and hunt. I would have thought I would see lots of smaller buck still but, I don't see that being the case either. Could be all the doe blasting going on. Why do folks shoot button bucks? Do they not want to see a rack the next year? This one still amazes me. "I can't find any bucks" Yet last year you shot two button bucks.......

I used to hate passing on a spike's or 4 pointers in archery and then in rifle all of them get whacked by other hunters. If they let them walk one more year we would all have bigger racks to shoot. I also enjoy seeing deer grow. I'm in favor of the restrictions, think we need better control over the HR matters in smaller WMU's, and think our falling numbers is not directly affected by either of these at the moment. (That is a whole other topic.

Keep pissing back and forth. it is fun to watch. I'm loving this.