HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which would you choose?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which would you choose?

I have been shooting a .300WSM for a couple years now. I love it. That gun can do it all. I have taken it elk hunting, come back to the east coast a week later, load a lighter bullet and sight it in and im deer hunting.

Because its fairly hot round, it shoots flat and has alot of power, there are now a lot of different factory loads you can choose from and the ammo is becoming more common to be able to find.

Also, the WSM makes it a small package, meaning when im going up a mountain in Wyoming the size and weight of my rifle isnt going to bog me down. My .300WSM is smaller and lighter then all my friends, 270, 300 win mags, 7mm, 30-06 and so on. I just think its a better all around gun, not to mention this gun can out shoot a lot of other guns, not all , but alot.

However, i will admit that some people dont like the kick on this gun. I am fairly strong and large guy. The kick doesnt effect me at all, but i have some smaller friends that tell me that it kicks bad, i dont notice it so for me its awesome.